This a quick recap of “Things I Learned at Blissdom”, because I am busy UNPACKING, SHOVELING massive amounts of snow, and paying some quality attention to my family. (Much to their chagrin.) I’ll had some hilarious details once I manage to wrestle the laptop away from my technology deprived children in about five billion hours.
1. Always count the number of people you promised to room with after conducting a massive search on Twitter. Odds are great that you’ll end up with way more people that you have room for. (Thank God they had cots. And who needed room to move around, anyway?)
2. If you press the “Get it Now” button on the hotel phone TOO many times, they’ll get wise and start ignoring you.
3. Remember to take the colored do-hickies off the garments you purchased at Goodwill. They are a dead giveaway.
4. When flights home are cancelled, United Airlines will only have two people manning their ticket counters and ONE of them will be new. (And because I’m so lucky, guess which one I got? Yeah.) And the harrowing fourteen-hour drive in a rental car with a complete stranger? We'll share more about THAT later.
5. When you are away from home for six days, your family WILL miss you.
And that screaming, barking, hectic craziness of your life? Well, hand me those red sparkly shoes, cause there is NO place like home.