Today I’m 55 years old. FIFTY-FIVE! I’ve outlived my mother by 7 years, and will soon surpass the age when my father passed.
I am 55 years old today, and I couldn’t be happier.
Oh sure, it would be nice to be independently wealthy, about 15 pounds lighter, have some knees that worked and live in an outrageous tree house in the south of FRANCE, but honestly, I couldn’t be happier.
In fact, I’m grateful. I’m pretty damn grateful for the following things. (Yep, here comes the teacher list. Buckle up.)
1. I’m grateful that after all of the unexpected ups and downs in this journey I can still manage to laugh my ass off each and every day.
2. I’m grateful that I have a job that I love- and look forward to each and every day.
3. I’m grateful for amazing friends who always lift me up, kick me in the ass, and help me laugh every single day.
4. I’m grateful for the make-up lady at Ulta who gave me an amazing make-over today AND slipped me some “Turnaround Overnight Moisturizer” as a free gift today. I can’t wait to use it tonight and wake up looking like I’m 40!
5. I’m grateful for Match.com for providing me with incredible laughing/blogging material, and for some other lovely distractions.
6. I’m grateful for the Middleswarth Potato Chip Company who make the best damn barbeque chips in the land.
7. I’m grateful to Pinnacle Vodka who sent me not ONE but TWO bottles of vodka! I plan on sampling them both while celebrating this milestone on my back deck tonight. (You’re all welcome to join me if you can find the way. Follow the chip crumbs…)
8. I’m grateful to the mailman who brought me MORE BOXTOPS in the mail TODAY! (Thank you, Jane. You’re really the one I’m thankful for, but the mailman stole your hug.)
9. I’m thankful for Sharon who gave me an amazing three weeks in Maryland as well as providing a neighbor who did a smashing job welcoming me to the neighborhood.
10. I’m thankful for the amazing angels in my corner who always throw me amazing encounters and experiences to balance out the shitty parts of this life.
11. I'm grateful to Sassy for sending me the most amazing flowers, for Bitchy who TRIED to be nice and bought all my make-up for me after the make-over. And for The Golden Boy, who has taught me that those curveballs in life don't always mean you're out of the game. xx
All in all, I have a great damn life. And I might whine ONCE in a while, but usually I’m laughing and smiling all the live-long day. Not only because my mother and father gifted me with this great bedside manner, but also because of friends like ALL OF YOU. Your comments, your emails, your packages, your BoxTops, your boxes from Amazon and your donations to Paypal ALWAYS COME when I need it the most. When I’ve had a rough day, or when I’m on the receiving end of someone else’s bad day. Incredible timing, I'd say.
And so, although I’m celebrating my own special day today with a few friends…. I WISH that you could ALL be here with me. It would pretty much be the best damn present of all.