If I could, I would send each of you a billion dollars, a thousand hugs and a trip to Bermuda.
Unfortunately, I've been spending the few pennies I have on mouse traps, cutlery and bedding from the Goodwill and a security deposit for my new space.
However, I have been receiving emails left and right from companies offering giveaways for my loyal followers. Several caught my eye, and I am thrilled to start the giveaway weekend with an amazing gift from the people over at Oxfam. As soon as I saw the name Hidalgo, I KNEW I was in. (He had me at the Inn when he rescued Frodo.) Good Lord this video is hysterical.
Today I am offering the winner the gift of giving TWO school meal programs to some needy children, which will allow them to eat for free for a year. Oh sure, I was tempted to give a goat, a sheep, or a family of chickens, but I resisted. When I saw the school lunch program, you know my heart was won over.
In addition to this incredible gift, I would love to also send the winner some local goodies from my hometown here in Smythe, Oregon. I will fill the box with a few of my reading treasures, locally produced items, and several other surprises.
What do YOU have to do? Well, here goes:
1. Leave a funny story, comment about your kids and the holidays. I'm BEHIND on my column and need some funny stuff, people!
2. Pay for someone's coffee at Starbucks.
3. Send me some mouse traps.
4. TWEET this contest!!!
5. Drop a few cents in the Salvation Army bucket.
6. Check out the Oxfam website. Let me know which gift catches YOUR eye.
7. Visit Babble and vote for three people you know.
8. Do ONE, none, or all of the above.
Now, let's get cracking. (Contest ends Friday. My favorite day.) (Oh, a comment is an entry. Does that clear up my confusing list?)