The top five reasons I took a glass of wine to my bathtub at 7:45 tonight:
1. We sang “Sing about Martin” at least a thousand times today. Then I spent fifteen minutes persuading Jack that singing “Jingle Bells Batman Smells” was STILL not appropriate in kindergarten.
2. We played a rousing game of four corners, and after closing my eyes and counting to twenty I opened them to discover that I was holding a plastic tiger by the tail. I didn’t even KNOW I had a plastic tiger in the room. (I am losing my mind.)
3. It took me ten minutes to convince Sally that we don’t say “Hell to the No” in kindergarten. (And especially not to the teacher.)
4. After teaching the kids that camels can close their nostrils in order to keep the sand out, I watched George spend his “craft time” trying his hardest to keep his own nostrils shut. It was not pretty.
5. Bryce decided to moon the jam-packed cafeteria today after he emptied his lunch tray. He claims the devil made him do it.
Today? The kids won; hands down.