Okay, let me see if I have all the facts straight.
In the last three weeks or so I’ve:
1. Driven you to the beach while listening to horrifying music for 12 hours.
2. Purchased several replacement items of clothing for you that you may or may not have ruined in the washer because you always forget to take your chapstick out of your pockets.
3. Arranged for more than several deep tissue MFR treatments AT OUR HOUSE so that you wouldn’t have to take off work, or miss any other exciting activity you might have planned.
4. Given you money for various other incidental items that you’ve had to purchase here and there when you just “didn’t have any cash” on you.
5. Paid to register your car AND keep your sorority dues up to date.
So yesterday when you texted me to pick up your medicine when I was finally relaxing at the pool with a friend and I said, “Please get it yourself,” your response confused me.
“YOU are my MOTHER!!! You NEVER EVER do ANYTHING FOR ME!”
Sweet Cheezus; surely that was meant for someone else.