The top five things learned in first grade today. (BEFORE the field trip even occurred...)
1. According to Stuart, “The National Anthem used to be a beer drinking song!”
2. A “fiasco” is some kind of Mexican Party.
3. According to Sally, “When someone is performing you don’t say Good Luck. You say break an egg!”
4. Jack informed me that “Sometimes when people have pains in the their tummy it’s called candy stones.”
5. “When people get real old they get patience-er and patience-er. You’re REAL patience-er Ms. Smythe!”
While waiting in line at the OLD PEOPLE candy store tonight, I didn’t feel so patience-er - but I sure felt old.
(Not sure the kids learned anything today, but we’ll just call this one a draw.)