I'm sure the list is longer, but I'm disausted....
1. I have been given a great opportunity to give away a $100 gift card. ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS. Since I can’t ethically keep it for myself, I would love to give it to one of you. Go over here and do a billion things to qualify.
2. I woke up the other morning and discovered I had over 100 new followers on Twitter! This continues to amaze me because frankly, I have nothing of any value to say. Babble decided that after spending the last 20 years screwing up my children, that I had earned something, and named me a Twitter mom. When I look around at the others, I’m convinced that they had me confused with someone else. However, I’m going to take the trophy and run with it.
3. Sassy’s team had another game on Wed. and although they lost in overtime, she was thrilled to have played every second of it. Tomorrow, Bitchy and I are traveling across Oregon to watch the first home game, and I will try extremely hard not to embarrass her. Frankly, I’m hoping Bitchy and I will have a knock down drag out and I’ll be able to get out of this bizarre crazy estrogen deprived cave.
4. I’m still amazed at the power of the internet (Thank you Al Gore for inventing it) and have been smiling from ear to ear when I think about Kevin and his family, as they bask in the afterglow of winning the Pepsi Refresh Grant! They are basking in glimmers of hope, optimism and love. You all are amazing, as are the many thousands of others who took the time to vote and text. Power to the people; power, indeed.
5. I am ASTONISHED with the Hillshire Farm people, as they pulled my card out of the fishbowl after the Blogher conference, and informed me that I am getting free Hillshire Farm products for a year. A YEAR!! This email conveniently arrived about 10 minutes after Tightwad and I had a minor DISCUSSION about the status of his employment. Or lack thereof. (Sandwiches for breakfast, lunch and dinner? You bet your ass.)
6. Last but not least, I had a crazy dream that I ran into my principal at a meeting, and he told me not to worry about my blog anymore- that no one really cared about what I was writing. I am taking that as a sign, and am trying to reclaim my identity.
7. I am totally in love with my class, and am so thankful for my little fella Jack. During a very important discussion about rules, he rolled on the floor and started moaning. THEN he sat up, raised his hand and shouted my name until I finally called on him.
“Mrs. Smythe. I want to talk about this NO NAP thing. I do NOT like it!”
He then started a “We want naps!” chant that resulted in the teacher throwing in the towel. “Recess. RIGHT NOW!” I shouted. And THAT is how we ended our week.
Now, wish Sassy luck, cross your fingers, and go over and win that $100 bucks.