I find it a HUGE compliment that all those people up there are followers. I can't believe that with all the funny, poignant, thoughtful and inspiring blogs out there, that people actually come see me. Well, I am extremely thankful, and still trying to find a way to visit everyone while maintaining my relationship with MY FAMILY. (I'm running out of material since I've started ignoring them.)
I love this meme. I wish I could remember who tagged me, but I will check back and let you know! It's about books, and you all know what a book w*@*% I am. Here's the stuff...
1. I LOVE Stephen King. (If he didn't live in Maine and have a decent wife, I would TOTALLY stalk him.) I have EVERY book he's ever written, and have them in a shrine; I mean bookshelf, in my basement. Stephen King's On Writing is the BEST. I am not kidding. I have even written several chapters of a book that was inspired by his writing. Someday I might share. If I have enough vodka that night. (Odds are good, people. )
2. I often sneak out of the house claiming to go to the Y, and end up in the library. I browse all the new releases, take out my list of TRASHY romance authors I love, and roam the library in peaceful euphoria looking for a late night read. sigh.
3. I have written three children's books, and have sent them out to publishers. A REAL LIFE PUBLISHED author admonished me when I complained on another site that ten publishers have rejected me. It took her 174 rejections to get published. Guess what I'm doing this weekend? Yeah, sending out those d*@$ manuscripts.
4. I DO write a monthly column for our local newspaper, and can't for the LIFE of me believe they keep letting me do it. My kids won't go ANYWHERE with me. They say it's like going around town with Oprah. A white Oprah. I mean a white, poor Oprah. Whatever.
5. I collect Nancy Drew Books. Don't judge me.
6. Because I'm such a crazy reader, I've become addicted to blogs. I just can't stop! Each one I read is different, each one rocks, and I am a maniac. Is there a support group out there? And, more importantly, do they serve alcohol at their meetings?
Now, anyone who knows me knows that I NEVER follow the rules regarding meme’s. It could be a birth defect (I have so many of those...) or a learned behavior, but I somehow manage to skirt around the rules and make them fit the way I want. (No wonder my kids drive me NUTS. Seems they've inherited that gene as well.) Yeah, I get caught (Vodka Murphy) but I always own up, and pay the piper. I'm a big girl.
So, here’s the deal. I am passing this on to my followers. Here are the rules:
1. Do five jumping jacks.
2. Click on the ads of at least five blogs you visit today!
3. Tell me a funny story.
4. Forgive someone.
Have a fantastic weekend, and let’s shake the hand of anyone who has served our country and thank them for keeping us safe. (I miss you, Dad. )